- I've now finished two 5K races. I did do the one on St. Patrick's day even though it was freezing cold and snowing, my sister-in-law and I walked it and I finished in just over 45:00. I did another one on April Fool's Day (which I just tried to type foo's day, which is sort of funny) which took me a little longer, but I'm working on the exercising outdoors thing. It's very different than the treadmill. Of course people tried to tell me this, but I also of course did not believe them.
- Other than a blip of a splurge around Easter, my weight has held steady, which is an accomplishment.
- I've held steady with pilates and continue to lose inches even though I have not lost pounds. I try and do go (most weeks) twice a week.
- When I told my friend Laura that I did a 5K and I was attempting to run, she too wanted to run and we're about at the same fitness level and she has agreed to run with me once a week for variety. Although she's had some personal life blips over the last 2 weeks, I think once that stuff has resolved itself, we'll be back to at least once a week if not more.
- I tried on a dress that was altered to fit me at 16. This was a bizarre experience. It fits me on the bottom almost as well as it did at 16. On the top, however, I was about 4-5 inches from being able to close it. Wow what a difference 10 years makes. Though the fitting on the bottom does make me feel a little bit better about my current status.
- My brother (and sister-in-law) and I (and Dustin) are splitting a CSA share. This means that a lovely southern Ohio farmer will bring us fresh, in-season produce once a week at the farmer's market. I'm excited about this and learning how to cook new veggies. I'm also attempting to grow some herbs from seed. I hope that next year I will be able to grow veggies in my backyard....When I have my own backyard.
So yay, today I feel like I'm on an up note about all of this. AND I'm very proud to have talked myself out of eating an egg roll this afternoon when I really wanted one. Despite the fact that I was not able to get any one on the phone to distract me.