Tuesday, April 24, 2007

bad blogger

Oh no. I am a very bad blogger. It's been well over a month since I last blogged here. I've been pretty busy the last month or so, but I think mostly that's because I've sort of been stuck. My weight has remained steady since my initial loss and I've been trucking along with exercise. A couple of things have happened, so here's the down and dirty update.
  • I've now finished two 5K races. I did do the one on St. Patrick's day even though it was freezing cold and snowing, my sister-in-law and I walked it and I finished in just over 45:00. I did another one on April Fool's Day (which I just tried to type foo's day, which is sort of funny) which took me a little longer, but I'm working on the exercising outdoors thing. It's very different than the treadmill. Of course people tried to tell me this, but I also of course did not believe them.
  • Other than a blip of a splurge around Easter, my weight has held steady, which is an accomplishment.
  • I've held steady with pilates and continue to lose inches even though I have not lost pounds. I try and do go (most weeks) twice a week.
  • When I told my friend Laura that I did a 5K and I was attempting to run, she too wanted to run and we're about at the same fitness level and she has agreed to run with me once a week for variety. Although she's had some personal life blips over the last 2 weeks, I think once that stuff has resolved itself, we'll be back to at least once a week if not more.
  • I tried on a dress that was altered to fit me at 16. This was a bizarre experience. It fits me on the bottom almost as well as it did at 16. On the top, however, I was about 4-5 inches from being able to close it. Wow what a difference 10 years makes. Though the fitting on the bottom does make me feel a little bit better about my current status.
  • My brother (and sister-in-law) and I (and Dustin) are splitting a CSA share. This means that a lovely southern Ohio farmer will bring us fresh, in-season produce once a week at the farmer's market. I'm excited about this and learning how to cook new veggies. I'm also attempting to grow some herbs from seed. I hope that next year I will be able to grow veggies in my backyard....When I have my own backyard.
I feel pretty good about where I'm at. I'm still trying to make strides at being a more active person and a healthier eater. I had a great conversation with my friend Anna this weekend about exercise and really trying to be a whole person. It helped a lot to hear that other people struggle with the same things I do especially about eating. No, I can't have egg rolls and fried food and expect to lose weight, but making movement part of my life is doable. When it's nice out, I at the very least try to take a walk, I'm enjoying being outside more and I'm looking forward to maybe biking more often too (I really need a basket for my bike if I want to run errands on my bike and my bike is about 13 years old and not so comfy for me any more).

So yay, today I feel like I'm on an up note about all of this. AND I'm very proud to have talked myself out of eating an egg roll this afternoon when I really wanted one. Despite the fact that I was not able to get any one on the phone to distract me.

No comments: