- 2 cups peaches, finely chopped. I peeled mine
- 1/3 cup raw sugar or cane juice crystals
- 6 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (either freshly squeezed or from a bottle)
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 2 large eggs (or 3 sm-med ones that I get from my CSA)
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- Combine the peaches,1/3 cup raw sugar, lemon juice , and the rum in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes (I just did this occasionally)
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator. Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the agave nectar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach juice and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- Optional: Our ice cream maker doesn't do chuncks very well, so I pureed the peaches in my food processor.
- Halfway through the process, add in the peaches.
- Freeze until the ice cream is the desired texture.
Hopefully this will be the start of me posting more regularly.