Sunday, March 4, 2007

March Goals

I'm sticking with this. :) Last month was a struggle, but last week, things eased up. Somehow I felt guilty about wanting to weigh less. Yes, I know it's healthy for me, but somehow I had resistance to it. This week, that seemed to relax. It's ok to want my body to be healthy and be smaller. For some reason it also seems more realistic. Probably because I've stuck with it this long and continue to feel proud about the goals I've accomplished. So.....for March (yes, I know it's already started):
  • Exercise 18-23 times in March for 45-50 minutes. I'd also like to get my cardio minutes up, but I think that will come with the weather getting better, I'll be more able to walk outside.
  • I'll be doing the 30 day plan again for at least the first 2 weeks of the month to get my eating back on track. This seems to be the hardest part for me, but eating fish and veggie food was a step in the right direction for me.
  • Since it's Lent, no meat on Fridays for me and I also gave up red meat. I'm actually enjoying it this year, it's caused me to be more creative about what I'm eating (I wish papa johns would stop running the 3 kinds of sausage pizza, it looks sooo good). I appreciate that it's asking me to be more flexible. It's also meant I found a great recipe for low fat mac n' cheese (with spinach and green onions).
yay march. I feel like I'm finally on my way!

No comments: