- Most importantly, I exercised 17 times in January, which is the top end of my range, which is very good, especially considering how busy I've been this month. Also, I said that would be 30 minutes at a session, and my average was 61 minutes.
- I stuck with the 30 day plan completely.
- I only had fast food once the entire month, one chinese meal. I had chinese once, and I spent all day eating the meal and felt awful. I'm not likely to eat it again, at least the fast food kind.
- I've definitely gained strength. I did some ab exercises with the medicine ball that I used to do. I used to only be able to do 2 sets of 15, I was able to do 3 sets of 20 today and could definitely have kept going. Pilates has definitely helped with my core strength and I feel like I could hold a downward dog for ages now.
- I've definitely gained cardio endurance. I've gone from doing my run at an average of 3.33 mph to 3.97 mph. Today during my run I beat my previous time for 2 miles by 3 minutes (sadly this is now 27 minutes, but going down). I also never spiked a heartbeat over 165 during the regular run and never spiked a heartbeat over 180 (like I used to) after my sprint at the end of the run. Today was the first time I actually feel like a 5K is a doable thing for me in less than an hour. I still have a long way to go, but I have a whole month and a half to pick up speed and endurance.
- My pants fit again and I've lost 9 lbs, and am darn near having lost 10. This is of course not the focus, and a nice side effect. I really just happy with the transformation my body has made, much stronger and I feel like more flexible.
All in all I'm very proud of my performance and feel pretty great. Pretty good way to go into February.